Department of Mechanical Engineering
The Department of Mechanical Engineering of the Islamic Azad University of Arak activities started in 1985 along with the establishment of this industrial university, with 33 students who were enrolled in undergraduate program. Over 33 years of activities and elaborated efforts in attraction of highly qualified faculty members, efficient students with so many educational tools shop and laboratories facilities, Mechanical Engineering Department has graduated engineers in different levels of undergraduate and graduate who have achieved in significant job positions in industries in Iran.
The Department of Mechanical Engineering has honored for teaching and training of over Hundreds of engineers in undergraduate and graduate levels who are proudly engaged in industrial and academic centers in Arak and all over the country. Currently, the Department of Mechanical Engineering includes11 full-time faculty members,1 staff, and more than 280 Iranian and foreign students of whom 179 are undergraduate (B.Sc.), 67 M.Sc., and 35 Ph.D. students.
Area of Undergraduate and Graduate Study
Students in Mechanical Engineering may concentrate their studies in one of the following areas:
- Bachelor of Science (B.Sc.) including: Mechanical Engineering, and Production and Manufacturing Processes majors.
- Master of Science (M.Sc.) including: Production and Manufacturing Processes, Solid Mechanics, Applied Designs, and Energy Conversion majors.
- Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) including: Applied Designs, and Energy Conversion majors.
Mechanical Engineering Department Facilities
Complete tools shop and laboratories facilities are available for machine shops, e.g. CNC-Lathe, CNC-Milling, Universal Milling or Horizontal Milling, Vertical Milling, Grinding, Casting Shop, Welding and Metal Forming workshop, Automechanic Shop (Petrol and Diesel Engine), Production Processes shop such as: Hot Rolling Mill Shop, Metal working Shop e.g Jigs and Dies with hydraulic presses, Engineering- Drawing workshops. Complete numerous Labs, e.g. Materials and Heat Treatment of Metals Lab, Fluid Mechanics Lab, Heat Transfer Lab, Thermodynamics Lab, Strength of Materials Lab, Precision Measurement Lab, Machine Dynamics and Control, Vibrations Labs, and Metal Creep Labs, which are managed under superposition of the faculty members along with manufacturing workshops all in the high scientific international standards.
Accreditation of Mechanical Engineering Department
The Iranian Ministry of Science, Research and Technology has accredited the Department of Mechanical Engineering of Islamic Azad University of Arak in 1988.
Dr. Saeed Jafari Mehr-Abadi, Ph.D. in M.E. is the Head of the Department of Mechanical Engineering.
Faculty members of the department are as follows:
- Mohammad Mehdi NajaffiZadeh, Professor,
- Alireza Nezam-Abadi, Assistant Professor,
- Saeed Jaffari Mehr-Abadi, Assistant Professor,
- Peyman Yousefi, Assistant Professor,
- Hamid Mohseni Monfared, Assistant Professor,
- Ali Nasirian, Assistant Professor,
- Seyyed Alireza Mohajerani, Assistant Professor,
- Alireza Sheikhi, Assistant Professor,
- Alireze Aghaee, Assistant Professor,
- Jamal Janabi, Assistant Professor,
- Attaollah Karimi, Lecturer.